Every Door Direct Mail®, also known as EDDM®, is an affordable service provided by the United States Post Office, which provides the opportunity to send a mail piece to every house on selected carrier routes at discounted postage rates without purchasing a mailing list. EDDM services can be used to promote a business, service, or simply provide information anywhere. Having a sale? Opening a new location? Offering coupons? EDDM can help. Send postcards, menus, and flyers to prospective customers. There is even an EDDM Online Tool to map ZIP Code(s) and neighborhoods available at https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/customer/routeSearch.action—The tool can even filter by age, income, or household size using U.S. Census data.
EDDM IS A GREAT TOOL FOR ANY BUSINESS
WANTING TO REACH EVERY HOME
IN SPECIFIC AREAS OR NEIGHBORHOODS
- Saturate neighborhoods and zip codes at a postage rate as low as $0.162 each ($0.092 each for non-profits)
- Select carrier routes by averages of age, income, or household size.
- Ability to mail a large mail piece, sure to grab a recipient’s attention.
- Because selecting the carrier routes is free, There is no need to purchase a mailing list.
- Mail pieces cannot be personalized.
- All homes on a carrier route must be sent to, so people with no interest in your product or service may receive the mail piece.
- Delivery may take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to arrive in mailboxes.
An example of an EDDM mailer:
Check out our page on EDDM to find out what kind of businesses should use EDDM mailers, see a video, and learn how you may use the EDDM Online Tool to plan your mailing, map your routes, and let USPS deliver to every door you select.
Marketing Tech Knows EDDM. If you’re interested contact us below or give us a call today!